Monday, July 6, 2009

Whitefish, Montana

Here I am, across the border of montana and almost at the feet of glacier national park. Everything continuously gets smoother and smoother. Thoughts of breaking around here for the night, but I will probably push forward.

Excerpt from chapter two:
"A quick cross over the Idaho border and Estes is in a new state, new people, places, attitudes, altitudes, climbs and descents. First of which is down a rocky dirt road in the nights fresh cool air, to the first legitimate camp site thus far. The atmosphere is thick with insectual beings, making each breath of air a gamble. Estes rides into the site unnoticed after hours and explores available spots. At the furthest end of the rec area is a section of "tent only" sites where the decision is made to guide his extremely heavy rig down a steep viney rooted incline which puts him right on the lake. A family is car camping right next to him, and is receptive to the vibes radiating off of Estes, supplying him with bug repellent and a meal consisting of ramen noodles bulked up with bits of chicken and vegetables, indiscernible to Estes as he devours graciously.

A phone call with Shea reiterates the emotional cause and effect of physical departure; seperate3 yet undeniably connected by underground or extraspiritual ties. This is true not only for long term relationships between lovers, but of any interaction between humanity, potential or otherwise. A ring from russel comes during intense conversations about the cold clawlike grip of reality, but once a closure comes about his message is checked.
"it's fuckin Russel dog, I love you so much man, I'm just out here hollerin at you, waitin for yo ass to get me back dog, once you say fool, find somewhere, give me a call on my phone, you got my number dog, lemme know what goin on out there with you man, I respect you alot for what your doin man, and you know I love you every day and I love to see that shit happenin man. I want you to be out there and I want you to be doing that shit. And I don't want you ever to give up man. I want you to be out there man cause you really got somethin man. You got a gift. So put it out there man. I love you boy. And if you get this get this and get back to me boy but if not, stay tall man, I love you boy."

A new boost of self accomplishment begins to set in; being that his entire family is behind him in spirits, shocked by his vigor and determination..."

Times out at the library.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Wow, it is so cool to be able to check in on your trek! You've made it all the way to Montana and I am still in Oly, hopping around in a cast looking for work.
Where did this novel come from? Was it part of the plan or is that what your brain does when it can't paint?
You rock!

Anonymous said...

Estes~ here in Texas, tonight we are viewing the same moon as you - a full one, full of adventure and promise. Enjoy each step along the way and Happy Trails, partner...see you down the dusty path. XOXO M & p

Anonymous said...

Tomorrrow morning at
4:05:06 07/08/09
there will be a once in a lifetime numerology...not until the 3009 will it happen again! An Interesting Fact...(your mother loves this kind of stuff!)

JEFF BANION said...

SABASTIAN, I THINK IT'S REALLY COOL YOU ARE RIDING YOUR BIKE ACROSS THE COUNTRY. IF YOU ARE TRAVELING THRU OHIO ON I-70 LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU. I'M JEFF WITH YOU CRATE, BTW, YOUR CRATE WILL DELIVER TO UNCLE RICK TODAY. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS.

Anonymous said...

Sebastian!!!! I'm so proud of you that I could cry. I am enjoying the story very much...keep it up! I love you very much and anticipate that things are only going to get crazier, more colorful and beautiful and you will be shining for all of us to see!
Don't forget to breathe
Gillian